Some Chestnut Flour Cake Recipes You Would Love to Try
Here’s How to Make Chestnut Spice Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 1 orange (zested)
- 1 clementine (zested)
- 3 eggs
- 250 millilitres plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 75 millilitres vegetable oil
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup Italian chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- butter (for greasing pan)
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 125 millilitres milk
- Begin by greasing the pan with butter and then preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Then in a bowl, add sugar and citrus zest and then mix with your fingertips until the gest releases some oil.
- Then add eggs and stir well until the batter becomes fluffy.
- Then add yogurt, honey and mix well.
- Slowly add baking powder, flours, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Mix well and then add the batter into the greased pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- To check if the cake is done, insert a toothpick in the middle and check if it comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven when done, let it cool.
- For the chocolate glaze, heat the chocolate with milk until it melts completely and the mixture becomes smooth and shiny. Pour the syrup over cooled cake.
Here’s how to make Chestnut Cream-filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- 200 grams chocolate
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams flour
- 150 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- chestnut puree (with speculoos, or similar)
- You need to begin with melting the chocolate with the butter and then cooling it off.
- Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, in a bowl, mix the chocolate mixture with the sugar and flour and then gradually add the eggs one by one.
- Mix the mixture between every addition.
- Now, add some batter in the bottom of every cupcake tin.
- And then add one teaspoon of chestnut cream with the speculoos. Add it more or less, according to the taste.
- Now, cover the cream with more batter and bake the cake for at least 13 minutes.