Exploring Copenhagen: Places, Experiences, Accommodation, Food And More!
Copenhagen is one of the happiest cities in the world! As the capital of Denmark and a thriving commercial center, Copenhagen feels very different from many European cities but does have a Scandinavian vibe. In this post, we are discussing some of the interesting aspects that are worth knowing before you visit.
- Make your own list. It is rather impossible to see entire city in a day or two. As such, you have to select what interests you the most. We recommend places like Tivoli Gardens, Papiroen or Paper Island, Nyhavn harbor area, Christiansborg Palace, The Tower, and Amalienborg Palace.
- Do include cycling on your list. Did you know that this is one of the best places to take your bike around? In fact, locals love cycling, and there are over 350 kms of cycling lanes in Copenhagen. Good thing is you can always rent a bike and that’s the cheapest to get around the city.
- Book your stay in advance. Instead of going for cliché hotels, find apartments in Copenhagen holiday. There are many serviced apartments that are easy to find, and most of these places offer everything that you would otherwise expect at a hotel, but with assured privacy and better facilities. Book your apartment before you arrive.
- Take photos at Nyhavn. Nyhavn is the historic area of the city that’s known for 17th-century townhouses and sailboats. There are many nice cafés and restaurant in this area, although on the expensive side. From the area, you can also look for canal tours. Watching Copenhagen from the waterways is another experience altogether.
- Enjoy food at Papiroen (Paper Island). If you’re a foodie and want to taste Nordic and International cuisines, Papiroen (Paper Island) is the place to be. You will find endless food trucks, and the steaks here are exceptional in one word. Don’t miss the craft beers.
Copenhagen is known for its palaces, castles and museums, and we recommend that you make time for Christiansborg Palace at the very least. Rosenborg Castle is also a nice point of interest. If you are here, you should also consider a visit to Bakken Amusement Park – Which happens to be the oldest operational theme park in the world. Include Church of our Saviour on your list too, because from here, you get the best views of the city. Book your tickets and apartments for Copenhagen now!