Duck Breast Infused with Ginger and Orange
Duck breast is one of the most favoured dishes everywhere. It fits in rightly in a regular family meal as well as a special occasion item. There are many appealing ways to prepare duck breast.
Needless to say, the duck breast itself happens to be the most important part of any duck breast recipe. Hence, it is to be noted here that duck breast needs to be fresh in order to prepare juicy duck breast recipes.
It is worth mentioning here that one of the freshest duck breasts available in Canada happen to be that of ‘Lac Brome Lake’. Along with duck breast, they also provide a variety of other cuts and product such as duck leg and thigh, shredded duck confit, boneless, duck stock, country style duck pot pie and so on.
They have many locations all over Canada. You can get more details about their products on their website https://canardsdulacbrome.com/en/our-ducks/our-products/.
One of the healthiest and flavourful dishes involving duck breast is that of ginger and orange infused duck breast dish. The following is the recipe of duck breast infused with ginger and orange which is sure to make your dinner time special.
- 4 pieces of duck breasts
- An Orange
- Orange marmalade
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
- Fresh ginger
- Whole grain rice
- Clean the chicken breast and season it with salt, ground ginger, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan and put olive oil in it. Place the duck breasts on it heating both sides for a couple of minutes.
- Next, put the duck breast in a slow cooker and use half a jar of orange marmalade across it. Make sure that it is evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- To the slow cooker, add the cup of white wine. Then add a handful of stem ginger and two spring onions. Next, cut the orange into small segments and place it in the cooker.
- Let the ingredients cook in the slow cooker for about 3 hours.
- Next, boil the rice.
- After 3 hours, take the duck breast out of the slow cooker.
To serve, put the rice on the plate and then place duck breast on top of it. Drizzle some of the juice from the cooker onto the plate to make it taste even better.
Comments are closed.